Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Of Timeshare scam artists Part 4.

Of Timeshare scam artists

How was the holiday? Which place you go ah? The hotel nice or not? I also want to go leh..
Let me know please

dear readers..

i would like to share my part of the story...firstly,yes i do agree that trying to book the free holiday is tough..it took me 3 mnths to successfully get the free holiday..
nevertheless,its worth waiting..well i mean it's for free aniway..u can't expect much from a free gift aniway..
regards to the membership,concepts vacation club turns out to be to be excellent.i did went for my holidays and i did got to save around 40%..its a good deal.
at times we reali need to have an "open mind"..
it benefited me..

Regards.

Well I guess even if its not so free after all, just paying the taxes and having the tickets paid for and accommodation paid for still works out to be much less right? Could still probably save about 50%..you still have her number? Wouldn't mind sitting for 90 minutes..nobody can force me to buy anythin anyways...let them talk for 90 mins lor...can give me the girl;s contact?

Hi fellow readers,

I kept receiving a call from a guy who claimed he was from Garraway enterprises but later on when I accepted his invitation i got an email and sms that had the company's name as Exhibiton Alliance. The guy who called me claimed his name was Ronald and he promised me a 5days 4nights trip to Phuket all expenses paid including airtickets...sounded too good to be true but since I could not find any information about this company on the internet I accepted the invitation. The presentation was purely timeshare!!! I sat there and was made a fool for 3 hours..double the time of 90 minutes. Finally when I came out and collected the holiday voucher I was shocked that I had to pay $100 per person "administration fees"...it was supposed to be FREE!! Nevermind that, I have now made my fourth attempt to book the holiday and always chosing off-peak period they still say its not available!! They'll probably do this to me untill my voucher expires and then I would have just wasted my time...who knows if I can get back my $200 i paid them also!!! THIS COMPANY EXHIBITION ALLIANCE IS JUST ANOTHER SCAM!!!

Attended their lifestyle gallery back in December, turned out to be very informative. Didn't sign up for anything cos I could not afford it but the consultants were very nice and told me its purely publicity and there is no need for anyone to buy anything they are not comfortable with. I was ushered out and given my voucher. It was indeed a genuine holiday including flights and accommodations and I've selected to travel to Phuket in April. They have already confirmed my accommodation at the Baan Boa Resort in Patong and I will be flying by Tiger Airways. I did have to pay for my own airport taxes and meals though but turned out to be a pretty good deal for just a little bit of my time.

wow can i i know how much taxes you pay?

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 25 August, 2008 - 3:17pm

hi there, what was the lifestyle gallery all about ?

Hi Dave,

There have been so much experience from many people and most of them have genuine bad reports be it health products, travelling or holidays package that why some of us want to be sure. Good for you to clarity to all readers and build confidence in Data Deli.

Great Job
Dan

it is a scam..a few of us went n gotten nothing..w e are thinking of going to THE NEW PAPER n share all the emails we received and all the sms they gave us n in the end nothing is delivered!!! I hope the boss of the company will contact those of us and rectified this ASAP! We should not let them go on conning others..wasting our transport cost ( our car park at taka), our phone calls and sms and most importantly our TIME!!!!

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 29 January, 2009 - 10:03am

Hi Dear Readers,

Just to inform you if you have been invited for an event by Data Deli and you have changed your mind after reading this please be aware that we are currently taking legal action against this website and the person responsible for the original post of defaming the company. This is simply a blogging site where people can discuss anything they want and from our investigations it has been found that the "John Takayama" responsible for the post is not even a customer but an industry competitor who has the intention of defaming us. For those of you who do not believe that the 4days 3nights holiday is genuine, kindly email my goodself and we will give you one without even having you attend our presentation. All we ask in return is that to give us your valuable positive feedback once you have gone for your holiday.

Regards,
Dave

Dear Dave i attended your talk some months back but till date nothing is delivered!! Please tell me how to go about getting my free ticket, free accomodation !!! thanks.. a lot of my time has been wasted and i am really very upset with this!

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 29 January, 2009 - 10:07am

helllo Dave

wonder how long does it take to let us book the holidays? besides the 50 administrative fees, how much are the taxes?

thanks

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 23 August, 2008 - 1:50pm

Dave,

I am one of those who received your voucher. But there is no number for me to contact on the redemption. Please advise on a contact number to clarify if this is genuine. if i do get the redemption without hassle and with satisfation then you can be sure that i'll be dropping by to give good feedback.

taurushuang2004@yahoo.com

helllo did you get your holiday in the end? i tried to email you but no reply..thanks. can share about your free holiday and how much you paid for the taxes? thanks

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 20 August, 2008 - 8:49am

Dear Dave,

I am worried after reading this forum comments. I am supposed to go to Data Deli today Sunday at 3.30pm, 20 Apr 2008.

I have doubts.


Regards
siti

Si

I can believe, that guy from Deli Data call his customer a Goon. If he would to clarify clearly am sure people will acknowlwdge, now I am not sure to sit in for 90 mins and listen to them calling a customer GOON.

I was wondering those Deli Data guy keep asking me to set a date and if I promise but never turn up, should it be alright. I just cant believe on a free holiday given to me 4days and 3night. How far can they go if its thru. Please comment if anyone have any experience. Thanks

Me and hubby went to their 90 minutes talk.
No pressure form Sales person as I had told him that I am BROKE cannot afford the expensive lifetime membership or even 10 years membership.

I even told him that in Singapore as long we are married , have our own house, a car and a motorcycle and few kids schooling, and maid services both couple combined income per year must be above $50K if never reached $50K we well die of Heart Attack.

The salesman was nice he truly understand my explaination. Poor him got to answer his Manager. I dont know what is going to happen to him (the salesman).

We got a voucher for the Bangkok trip but not comfirmed yet. Need to pay $50 for per person administration fees before we booked for the holidays.

I intend to go in July or August not peak period.

I'll update the forum so that we can exchange views.

siti, how is your holiday? did you manage to go for the trip?

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 25 August, 2008 - 3:15pm

any updates?

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 21 August, 2008 - 6:08am

Just received a call from this guy, Victor from this line 63728979 !

He wanted me to come along with a guy of 28 years of age even though I'm single and he will call me back to set a date. He really did sounded so like typical scam ... I barred his number on my hp worrying he will kept calling..

Posted by Rs.j* on 18 January, 2008 - 3:39pm

Hi Samaritan, the documents are all with my ex-bf and he is in malaysia. I have lost contact with him, I just want to end the case I'm willing to forgo the money just want peace back to my life. U can contact me @ frds77@yahoo.co.uk

I'll be checking this thread regularly for updates.

Posted by Sorta Samaritan* on 9 January, 2008 - 12:17am

Hi Belinda and Christina

I've helped an acquaintence get their the ERI timeshare after it was withheld for a very long time - apaprently, ERI was in breach of contract themselves because they did not sign up the people for the international time shares - the international time share company had no record of them ever doing so. What happened withmy friends case is that ERI would take your money but not buy the time share at the stipulated time that they were contractually obligated to. Even so, they would continue to demand that you pay money despite being in breach of their contractual duties.

I don't have that much time, but if you are interested, I can spare an evening with you and any other people who might be interested to see if you guys can get out of it.

If I can recycle the letter that I drafted for my friends, I would be more than happy to do so.

Perhaps what you guys can do between yourselves is
1. Organise a group of people
2. Get all your documents concerning ERI together

Posted by Sorta Samaritan* on 9 January, 2008 - 12:10am

Hi Sorta Samaritan,
Two years ago my wife and i were conned into signing a ERI timeshare with this shit ERI company. At first we tried to void the contract within 3 days but they play delay tactics and give us the go-around. We then tried settling our disputes with the help of CASE but the company ignored CASE and there is nothing CASE could do about it. Would really appreciate if you could forward to me the letter that you drafted for your friends to me. I still have an outstanding 50% of payment to go and they'd have to kill me first before i part a single cent to these bloodsucking bast...ds. Pardon my harsh words. Couldn't help it due to anger and heartache. Thank you

Thanks for your offer to help. I've checked with HCAP of Australia earlier. You're right, they have no record of me as their member. ERI has not give them the money I've paid and ERI is no longer their marketing agent. They advised me not to pay ERI.

I am now looking at ways to recover the monies I paid ERI. Previously I was thinking of forgoing the money but now after second thoughts, I want to pursue the matter. I think we should not let these unscrupulous companies escape away after their evil deeds.

If it's ok with you, can you email me a copy of the letter you drafted for your friends. my email address :- chriskoh69@yahoo.com Thanks.

Hi Christine

Have you heard from ERI's lawyers yet? If they do send a legal letter what do you plan to do?

I'm in kind of the same situation, although I did not contact HCAP to investigate but I'm surprised (or maybe I shouldn't be) that they have terminated their relationship with ERI too. The only letters I ever get from ERI are those chasing for installments - never such notices.

ERI has send a final warning to collect $19,000 from me, for a contract I signed almost 5 years ago (no cooling off period then). Soon after I sent in a request to terminate with some settlement, but no reply. Haven't heard from them in a couple of years, now a 'final warning' letter again. I even went to CASE some years back but they said there was little they could do (maybe things have changed now).

My friends and relatives ask me to just keep ignoring them. But I wonder how long more can this go on for.

No news from ERI nor any legal letter. Initially I thought of forgoing the amount I've paid but if they do send me letter, I will probably consult CASE to see whether I can claim back the amount I paid ERI as they have not register my membership with HCAP, thereby ERI may be breaching the contract by keeping the money. Even if full payment made, no guarantee whether the contract is valid for us to get membership as HCAP is angry with ERI for damaging their reputation.

How about you talking to CASE again to get a refund from ERI since they are no longer representing HCAP.

No point.. CASE would just ask u to engage a lawyer and sue them. Without guarantee, u'll have to fork out abt $5k for lawyer fee.... =(

In response to your thread, Mr Takayama you should have left your name as Anononymous Coward. I am the owner of Data Deli and I shall respond to you. Firstly, all lucky draws conducted in Singapore are regulated and require a C.I.D license and they are accounted for. Secondly, with regards to the "free holiday" you or anyone who is reading this may want to check with us for a list of people who have already gone for their holiday and were given what they were promised. Yes, the "free holiday" is a marketing gift in exchange for people's time to attend the event at Garraway. There is abosolutely no requirement to buy anything in exchange for this gift. Should anyone require any clarification, kinldy contact us. As for Mr John Takayama, thank you for attending our event and buying the membership. Its GOONS like you that keep the business alive.

If you are the real business owner, then you have displayed "wonderful" service by calling your customer a GOON. Great advertisement, man! Business will come alive after this.

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 3 January, 2008 - 8:33am

I've signed a contract in 1999 with Emperor Resorts International (ERI) to purchase a holiday time share package that belongs to H.C. Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (Australia) (HCAP). After I received a lot of bad experience and feedback about time share companies, I decided to terminate my contract (S$15,800) by not paying the outstanding balance (S$9,350). In 2003, I've informed ERI that I want to terminate my contract by forfeiting the sum (S$6,450) I've already paid to them. And since then I've not heard from them.

Recently, I received a call from Axial Management (Singapore) who claims that they are associated with Great Eastern Trust & Asset Management Co. Ltd (London). They are also acting under the instructions of World Travel Organization to approach the members of ERI, to compensate the members. Their condition is - If I pay Axial a sum of S$17,800, World Travel Organisation will compensate me S$20,000 three years later through Axial. Great Eastern Trust will also pay me through Axial a sum of about S$30,000 for utilizing my package. Though this amount is guaranteed by Axial (in writing), I feel that there's no 100% guarantee that Axial Management will pay up three years later or even exist after 3 years.. My most worrying concern is Axial Management may be scamming people into paying more money. Therefore I rejected Axial Management's proposal.

Very soon, about 3 days later, I received a final warning letter from ERI asking me to settle the balance payment within 7 days, otherwise they will take legal action against me to recover the amount.

I find it very puzzling that ERI suddenly issue me a final letter after 4 years, and especially so just after I've rejected Axial's offer. I suspect that both companies are related to each other with Axial claiming they want to help ERI members get out of the contract by making the members pay more. And if members rejected Axial's proposal, ERI will threaten to sue, thereby leaving the member no choice but to take up Axial's offer.

I hope this will prevent more people falling victim into these scams.

Hi Christina,
Last Saturday, my dad and I went down to a company known as Zealz Development Int’l Pte Ltd.
They also say that they are 1 of the 2 companies besides Axial Management acting under the instructions of World Travel Organization to buy out 75% of HCAP timeshares out there in the market. They mentioned that they got our contacts through HCAP.
This time they request us to pay $18,000 and we will be able to transfer our HCAP timeshare to World Travel Organization and get back $42,000 in 2 years time.
Therefore, do you know of the contact no. or email add of HCAP so that I can check if what Zealz said is true.
Also, I tried to go online to find out more about this World Travel Organization, but I can hardly get any information about this organization. Does this organization really exist?
Thanks a lot for your help and hope to hear from you soon.

Posted by Anonymous Coward* on 2 May, 2008 - 9:03am

hi denver and christina - my wife and me also went down to Zealz development intl pte ltd today with regards to our times share. Sit there for around 3 hours, at first they wanted us to pay them a sum of nearly around s$28,ooo.oo for the valuation of our timeshares and by 2years time we get back around s$60,000. we question them on why the valuation so high (WOW - we get back so much ) , and we told them we can affort to pay that much. after that they did a counter valuation and ask to pay around s$13,000 and we we get back around s$39,000. Hope ms Christina or Mr Denver can help share some light with regards to this matter urgently. Is it another scam , i too try to search information on World TRavel Organization on the internet. Hope anybody if got more information or advice to help us , as we dont want to trick again. email me new1765@hotmail.com or new1765@yahoo.com.sg. thanks !

Hi, Can I know did they really sue you? Cos I'm in the same case as you and was thinking on what to do.

Til now I've not received any legal letter from ERI. In fact, I wrote to HCAP in
Australia. They are the resorts I was supposedly to join as member. However, they replied that they have no record of my membership as ERI did not register me and they did not receive the monies I've paid to ERI. They told me to ignore ERI's demand. They are also comtemplating suing ERI for causing them a bad reputation.

My agreement was to purchase a membership from HCAP through ERI as their marketing agent. I think my contract is no longer valid since HCAP has stopped ERI as their marketing agent and HCAP has totally no record of my membership.

Now I'm looking for ways to sue ERI to recover the monies I paid. Any idea of any alternative ways besides CASE?

Data Deli located in little India the address is 17A DALHOUSIE LANE is one BS outfit runn by 3 indians by the name of "SHAR" , "Rick Adams" and Dave.

"SHAR" is a Indian National turn PR
"RICK ADAMS" is a former Singapore Police Staff Sargeant
"Dave" - No data

They call unsuspecting victims on the pretense and tell them to collect a "FREE HOLIDAY VOUCHER". People who got hook will be directed to "NGEE ANN CITY" to 14 floor Garraway Lifestyle to sit thru a BS 90 minutes SALES TALK to buy some MEMBERSHIP HOLIDAYS or TimeSHARE BS.

The Conditioned to collect the Holiday vouchers -
1. married - both husbands and wife must go together to collect
2. Singaporeans/PR -
3. Combining Houshold income of $5000 and above - have the $$$ purchasing power
4. Holding CREDIT CARDS - this prove that you really have the purchasing power


4DAYS 3NIGHT or 5DAYS 4NIGHTS bull shit!!! plus thai restuarant voucher

people who have ate at thai restuarants will be given a lucky draw to fill up - "which means more leads for the to call people" where they is no actual lucky draw at all!!!

DO you know that even after you have collected the so call travel voucher - it will be specially mark, so even if you sent it in to "redeem" your free holiday" you will be ALWAYS PUT ON A WAITING LIST" in another word you will never get your holidays!!!!

Only those victims who have dump money into buying their BS membership programs will be given the "FREE HOLIDAYS" which in actual fact you have been tricked into paying first!!!!

These GOONS can be reached at the following contact numbers

62965920 - 62910259 - 94898875

Some other numbers include 63728979.

They would keep calling even though you rejected them. They would insist it is not timeshare. Be warned.

Posted by C* on 16 January, 2008 - 8:38am

Just received a call from this guy, Victor from this line 63728979 !

He wanted me to come along with a guy of 28 years of age even though I'm single and he will call me back to set a date. He really did sounded so like typical scam ... I barred his number on my hp worrying he will kept calling..

Posted by Rs.j* on 18 January, 2008 - 3:42pm

these days, scams run rampant. criminals have wizened up. no more Immortality Apples or stuff like such any longer.

-lance

Forgot to add they r now calling themselves Global Trends helping some young cruise company get feedback...........Apparently there are similarities to timeshares referred in www.voy.com/161450/13.html Please note that they have a wide array of phone numbers to fish for victims.

Posted by NoFreeLunch* on 7 September, 2006 - 9:19pm

Sounds like a busy day for these timeshare companies. I received a phone call on monday 4sep saying i've won some blahblahfantastic sounding prizes from some shopping centre survey. And I should come down to Tong Building to claim my prize. Despite my generous offer to give it to the next lucky chap, the lady insisted it's my prize and even rattles off my ID #. Luckily for her, she gave up after I told her I insisted to forgo the prize. What i would like to know is who gave/sold them my personal info! I dun think you can get handphone & id info off yellowpages.

Posted by NoFreeLunch* on 7 September, 2006 - 9:13pm

I was called up and informed that I had won a huge TV!! I told the caller I hardly have time to watch TV programmes on my humble 14" TV. I wouldn't mind if she could donate my prize to somebody who is a TV fan. She hung up politely.

Later I read about the "scam" in the Straits Times.

Can't these people think of better marketing techniques? As a property agent, I have to give excellent and sincere service which is my best advertisement. All these years, I never had to solicit for business.... all have been referrals from satisfied clients. Business has to be built on trust... not on a one time "foolery"!!!

I wish more property agents think that way. Nowadays, there are many who advertise bogus properties just to get buyers to call them and claim the property has been sold the moment they get your caller ID. How they expect "conned" buyers to trust them is beyond me. Other times, you wonder why you should pay them a service fee when you know more than they do.

Posted by Anonymous** on 7 September, 2006 - 10:39pm

Trackback from Don't get FIT:

or “Fraud Investigations Team” fools you....

1 comment:

  1. My friend went to a timeshare presentation just to get a free $100 gift card but walked out owning a timeshare. Now she is trying to get out of it but keeps running into timeshare relief scams. I feel bad for timeshare owners. The whole thing is a scam in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete